9 Apr 2008
"At . . . moments of crisis and challenge, some choose to abandon faith just at the time when it most needs to be embraced. Prayer is ignored at the very hour when it needs to be intensified. Virtue is carelessly tossed aside when it needs to be cherished. God is forsaken in the all-too-human yet mistaken fear that He has forsaken us. "The truth is that our only safety, our only security, our only hope is to hold fast to that which is good. As the mists of darkness gather around us, we are only lost if we choose to let go of the iron rod, which is the word of God."
Topic: faith, security
Reference: (David S. Baxter, "Faith, Service, Constancy," Ensign, Nov. 2006, 14)
Gimp Re-hue-ing Tutorial
- Load your image
- Using the dropper tool, click on the color on the image the was the old text color
- Click on the Color in the Gimp Toolbox to open the color chooser
- Note the H value (Hue at the top right of the color chooser)
- Now type the hex value of the new text color into the text field on the color chooser
- 6. Note the H value (Hue) again
- Subtract the old H-value from the new H-value
- If the result is positive, subtract that amount from the Hue in the Hue-Saturation dialog under Colors, if it is negative, add that amount to the Hue in the Hue-Saturation dialog.
Copyright (C) Nathan Lane, 2007, 2008